[R-sig-ME] EOI for R work using a mixed models approach [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Gosse, Michelle Michelle.Gosse at foodstandards.gov.au
Wed Sep 18 22:53:47 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm posting this on behalf of my employer, assuming that a practitioner of mixed models on this list may be interested, and may not otherwise know about this EOI request. I tried to post this yesterday, but it apparently failed. This will be my only post to the list on this topic.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is seeking expressions of interest to translate a published statistical method from SAS language to R language.

The method was developed by the US National Cancer Institute (NCI) for estimating usual intakes of foods and nutrients from national nutrition survey data. Information about the method can be found on the NCI website: http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/method.html.

FSANZ plans to use the NCI method in the future but in R language for performing statistical analyses on Australian national nutrition survey results that may include up to 30 000 respondents.

Within the NCI method, FSANZ requires translation of both the "amount" and the "amount+probability" models.

The specific SAS Macros to be translated are the "Mixtran Macro" and the "Distrib Macro", these codes can be seen at: http://appliedresearch.cancer.gov/diet/usualintakes/macros_single.html

More specific requirements will be provided later to potential contractors following the completion of the expression of interest.

FSANZ intends to finalise contracts by the mid November 2013 for product delivery by end February 2014.

Please submit your expression of interest to FSANZ by cob 27 September 2013, with a brief description of why you are interested in this project, your experience in SAS and R programming and a CV; knowledge of statistics would be an advantage.

Please address inquiries and expressions of interest to:

Pierre Pouliquin
Food Standards Australia New Zealand
PO Box 7186 Canberra BC ACT 2610
55 Blackall Street Barton ACT 2601
+61 2 6271 2635

Cheers
Michelle, note: I do not work Fridays.

Michelle Gosse
Senior Social Scientist BEHAVIOUR & REGULATORY ANALYSIS SECTION
154 Featherston St, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
PO Box 10559, Wellington, New Zealand
t  +64 4 978 5652 | f  +64 4 473 9855
www.foodstandards.gov.au

   A safe food supply which supports the health
        of people in Australia and New Zealand