[R-sig-ME] Question about what is "shrinkage"...

Daniel Wright Daniel.Wright at act.org
Wed Sep 18 22:52:15 CEST 2013

I like the baseball example in here (and the paper too), but if you don't know baseball, similar examples could be thought up in other sports.

http://www-stat.stanford.edu/~ckirby/brad/other/Article1977.pdf

Daniel B. Wright, Ph.D.
Senior Research Associate - Learning Insights Team
500 ACT Drive, Iowa City, IA 52243-0168
512.320.1827

This email message is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the original message.