[R-sig-ME] lmer: no warning messages in dev version

Gustaf Granath gustaf.granath at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 07:32:31 CEST 2013

Hi,
When I use the stable CRAN version for parametric bootstrap I often get
warnings messages (e.g. false convergence and "singular convergence")
for some runs. Happily I installed the gitHub version that can catch
these warnings. However, to my surprise I dont get any warnings with
this version. My guess is that most warnings before were associated with
variances=0, and that the new version doesnt give a warning about that.
Is this a likely explanation?

Gustaf

--
Gustaf Granath (PhD)