[R-sig-ME] GLM question about chi-square and LLH

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 16:13:11 CEST 2013

Torvon <torvon at ...> writes:

> Hello, I want to compare two
> GLMs (binomial dependent variable)
> , the results are:
>
> > m1<-glm(symptoms ~ 1, data=data2)
> > m2<-glm(symptoms ~ phq_index, data=data2
>
> I am used to comparing these kind of models using chi-square values, a
> chi-square difference, and a chi-square difference test. Since all other
> models in the paper are compared this way, and since I'd like to report
> them in a table together: why exactly is this model test different from my
> other models tests in which I get chi-square values and difference tests?
> And can I obtain chi-square values from this test?

  Sorry, but this isn't an appropriate question for this mailing list,
which specifically covers *mixed* models.  You might try the main
R help list (r-help at r-project.org).  It might also help to clarify
your question: I didn't understand it, and others might not.
What are "all other models in the paper"?  Did you look at
?anova.glm ?  For GLMs, the difference in deviance is (typically)
a chi-square value ...

  Ben Bolker