[R-sig-ME] Presenting results of a mixed model containing factors

Sarah Dryhurst s.dryhurst at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 13:07:23 CEST 2013

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply!  I don't really want to calculate the main
effects as it doesn't make much biological sense (to me!).  I just
wasn't sure whether this was "required" in terms of statistical
reporting.  That interaction effect is what I am interested in
largely, as it's the combined effect of the different treatments that
is my focus.

With regards to the lack of variance at the Block level, would you
recommend dropping this level here?  It doesn't seem to make too much
sense to keep it there...

Thank you once again

Sarah