[R-sig-ME] Help with SIAR MODEL, PLEASE!!!

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 23:37:30 CEST 2013

monica yanira rodríguez pérez <yanirarperez at ...> writes:

> I am writing to consult you a problem that I have to run
> the SIAR
> model, previously
> I had Windows 7 operating system and the model
> ran without any problems, but
> recently changed my computer and it’s operating system is Windows 8,
>  now I have
> run the model using my original files that previously ran without problem
> but whenever the Rstudio sends me this error message:
>
> > setwd("D:/R/vaquita_2")
> > sources <- read.table("sourcesdemo.txt",header=TRUE)
> > consumers <- read.table("geese1demo.txt",header=TRUE)
> > corrections <- read.table("correctionsdemo_RC.txt",header=TRUE)
> > concs <- 0 # use this line if you dont want to run with concentration
> > model1 <- siarmcmcdirichletv4(consumers, sources, corrections, concs)
> Error in siarmcmcdirichletv4(consumers, sources, corrections, concs) :
>   (list) object cannot be coerced to type 'double'

  I'm afraid that his is moderately peripheral to
this mailing list (the siar package is a special-purpose package
for stable isotope analysis -- it *happens* to use a hierarchical
model, but no-one here is likely to know much about it; you'll
probably have more luck on R-sig-ecology at r-project.org, or contacting
the package maintainers (see maintainer("siar")).

The following REPRODUCIBLE (http://tinyurl.com/reproducible-000)
example worked for me on Linux (R 3.1)

library(siar)
data(geese1demo)
data(sourcesdemo)
data(correctionsdemo)
data(concdepdemo)
out <- siarmcmcdirichletv4(geese1demo,sourcesdemo,
    correctionsdemo,concdepdemo)

PS to some list readers, capital letters and exclamation points
are considered equivalent to shouting, and hence somewhat rude ...