[R-sig-ME] glmer with nAGQ > 1

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 19:59:08 CEST 2013

Hi Wolfgang,

Another good option would be to use MCMCglmm.  It could look something like:

set.seed(1234)
dat <- mtcars[sample(1:32, 1000, replace = TRUE), ]
dat <- within(dat, {
  qsec <- scale(qsec)
  hp <- scale(hp)
  mpg <- scale(mpg)
  disp <- scale(disp)
})
dat$ID <- factor(rep(letters, length.out = 1000))

m <- MCMCglmm(vs ~ hp, random = ~ idh(1 + hp):ID, family = "categorical",
  data = dat, prior = list(
  B = list(mu = c(0, 0), V = diag(2) * 1e10),
  R = list(V = 1, fix = 1),
  G = list(G1 = list(V = diag(2), nu = .002))), pr=TRUE,
  nitt = 55000, thin = 100, burnin = 5000, verbose=FALSE)

Just up the number of iterations if you want more precision.  Jarrod
Hadfield's course notes are a great introduction.

Cheers,

Josh