[R-sig-ME] Simulating multilevel dataset

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 5 19:48:54 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 17:25 +0000, Thompson,Paul wrote:
> Well, that's how it would be analyzed. But you have means and
> variability measures to generate the data. Do you have any notion of
> the dependencies/conditionalities inherent in the data?

The variance-covariances at the individual level are
 3.308523 1.896117
 1.896117 5.694732

at the school level they are

      0.75137       0.59118
      0.59118       0.93246

> Are conditionalities additive? Are you considering some variance
> effects?

Not sure what you mean here. I'm not assuming there are any cross-level
interactions, if that's what you're referring to.

> Prior to modeling conditionality, you need parameters to model in the
> direction of.

Again, I apologize for my ignorance, but I don't understand this. The
only parameters in the model are the individual means, variances and
covariances; and the school means, variances and covariances. Do I need
something else?

--
Stuart Luppescu <slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu>
University of Chicago