[R-sig-ME] Simulating multilevel dataset

Stuart Luppescu slu at ccsr.uchicago.edu
Fri Jul 5 18:03:49 CEST 2013

Hello, I'm trying to simulate a multilevel dataset representing teachers
within schools. To generate the data I'm using parameters from actual
data. I have the means, variances and covariances of teachers on two
variables; and the means, variances and covariances of the school-level
means for those two variables. I can generate the teacher-level data,
and the school-level data using rmvnorm() with no problem, but what I
can't figure out is how to generate teacher-level data conditional on
the school-level generated data.

Can anyone give me a clue?

TIA.
--