[R-sig-ME] making inferences about overdispersion in nbinom glmmabmb

Paul Johnson paul.johnson at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Jun 21 10:43:50 CEST 2013

Thanks very much for these suggestions and for the code, Josh and Dave. As far as I remember MCMCglmm allows the residual variance to differ between groups, so I guess I could estimate the separate variances in the same model (the only reason for fitting separate models using glmmadmb was because it doesn't allow this).

Best wishes,
Paul