[R-sig-ME] Error in glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue May 28 18:13:57 CEST 2013

Ben Bolker <bbolker at ...> writes:

> Boris Berkhout <b.berkhout <at> ...> writes:
>

> > Dear list members,
> >
> > I am trying to fit a glmmADMB model on my data, but even after trying
> > several things and reading different posts on forums I can't seem to fix
> > the problem I am encountering. My response variable is the proportion of
> > individuals surviving at a certain timepoint. The model looks like this:
> >
> > glmmSing8 =
> > > glmmadmb(survF~temperature*snail*tank*plate+
> (1|plate:replicate)+(1|week),
> > > data=SurvSing8, family="binomial", zeroInflation=TRUE)

  For the record, it looks like (based on off-list conversations)
this problem was caused by a degenerate design matrix (i.e., some
predictor variables were perfectly multicollinear).  I will be adding
a check for this situation to glmmADMB, but in the precise cause
will always have to be diagnosed and dealt with by the user ...

  Ben Bolker