[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm with datasets of different lengths

Ingleby, Fiona fci201 at exeter.ac.uk
Fri May 3 10:14:37 CEST 2013

Thanks, that makes sense and might in fact be a simpler way of looking at it - I'll give it a go.

Fiona

On 3 May 2013, at 04:53, David Duffy <David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au> wrote:

On Thu, 2 May 2013, Ingleby, Fiona wrote:

Thanks for the reply, David. I don't think I explained myself clearly enough as I don't think the model with the five traits as response variables would give me what I'm looking for. I want to include the size measurements as a covariate

If the five trait model works, I think you could extract all the coefficients you are interested in from the genetic and environmental covariance matrices (eg partial out size from G and E respectively).  If there is a genetic correlation between size and T1-4, regressing it out can be misleading if genetic effects are your main interest.  To fit phenotypic causative pathways in a full model probably requires something like OpenMx, where you can specify it as a path model.