[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm with datasets of different lengths

Ingleby, Fiona fci201 at exeter.ac.uk
Thu May 2 10:51:40 CEST 2013

Thanks for the reply, David. I don't think I explained myself clearly enough as I don't think the model with the five traits as response variables would give me what I'm looking for. I want to include the size measurements as a covariate, something along the lines of the second model I attempted to fit (although obviously this model was incorrect) with the basic form

cbind(trait1, trait2,trait3,trait4) ~ size:sex:trait-1, random=~us(sex:trait):family, rcov=~us(trait):family

I'm hoping to be able to extract the variance-covariance matrix at the family level for each of the four traits in each sex (this is why I have tried to fit the random terms as above), as well as get an estimate for the relationship between size and each of the four traits in each sex (and so that is why I've fitted the fixed effects as above). Like I say, I don't actually know if this is possible in MCMCglmm, but I just thought I would check.

Thanks again,

Fiona

Dr Fiona C Ingleby
Postdoctoral Research Fellow