[R-sig-ME] mixed zero-inflated poisson regression

Ivar Herfindal ivar.herfindal at bio.ntnu.no
Mon Nov 14 17:17:47 CET 2011

Dear Thierry

Thank you for your quick response. I have previously tried to follow the
CourseNote you suggested without success. I gave it another try today,
and it seems I have manged to generate such a zero-inflated model as I
want during the day. The syntax looks something like this:

mcmodm1 <- MCMCglmm(Y ~ trait -1 + at.level(trait, 1:2):A, data=dataa,
     family="zipoisson", rcov=~idh(trait):units, nitt=30000, random=~gr)

However, the main challenge is that the model seems quite unstable
withmy "real" data. Even with 100000 iterations, two identical specified
models gives quite different output, and plotting the mcmodm1$Sol
suggest not very stable estimates. This occurs also on my simulated data.

Do anyone have any suggestion on how to make the model more stable (e.g.
by the rcov or random arguments)? Or do I just have to run it as long as
it takes to get "fairly precise" estimates?

Ivar

email:     Ivar.Herfindal at bio.ntnu.no