[R-sig-ME] valid estimates using lme4?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 22:00:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Kevin Wright <kw.stat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Doug already mentioned the limitations of open source optimization code.
> Open source has benefits, but simply being open doesn't necessarily mean
> better.

Actually, a series of studies I have conducted including theoretical
proofs and empirical evidence proves open source to be unequivocally
better.  If you are interested, you can pay me to use the assertion,
but the supporting details are restricted so you must accept that my
internal checks and quality control are sufficient and the findings
are correct and accurate.  Details follow.

License and Use of I. Ben Fooled's findings:

 "Open source is unequivocally better" is $10 for personal use or $20
for each public use of the assertion.  It is also possible to get a
yearly license, but note that this does not include updates.  Support
is extra.  If you wish to use the assertions on a multicore system,
there is an additional $5 per core per assertion fee.  A student
version is available for pedagogical purposes only: "pn src s nqvcll
bttr".  If you need more than 20 letters, please upgrade to the full
version.

This is the best thing since bread, but don't take my word for it.
Here are some trite testimonials putatively from customers:

"Using I. Ben Fooled's assertion has really revolutionized my work.  I
love it.  I use it every day" ~ Jane, Data Expert

"I lost 130 lbs on this system", 'wait, this isn't a weightloss
testimonial?  Sorry!' "My work is easily twice as efficient since I
switched to I. Ben Fooled's product." ~ John, Entrepeneur

writing-in-jest-Josh

--
Joshua Wiley
Ph.D. Student, Health Psychology