[R-sig-ME] repeated measurement using mixed model

Jinsong Zhao jszhao at yeah.net
Fri Nov 18 07:29:43 CET 2011

Hi there,

We have got a valuable data set from a long-term experiment. The
experimental design is following:

Trt     Time     Y
   1     1983
   1     1986
   1     1993
   1     1998
   1     2003
   1     2010
   2     1983
   2     1986
   2     1993
   2     1998
   2     2003
   2     2010
   3     1983
   3     1986
   3     1993
   3     1998
   3     2003
   3     2010

Because the data was collected in a way of repeated measurement. we
think it should be analyzed using linear mixed model. However, there is
no group variable, and as you have noted, there is no replication for
each treatment (Trt). So, we don't know how to deal with this data set.

Any suggestions or comments will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jinsong