[R-sig-ME] glmmPQL: Confidence intervals for predicted values

Christoph Scherber Christoph.Scherber at agr.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Nov 1 10:26:06 CET 2011

Dear all,

Is there a straightforward way to get confidence intervals for the predicted values in a glmmPQL model?

I´ve tried the following example:

library(MASS)
s1=glmmPQL(y ~ trt + I(week > 2), random = ~ 1 | ID,
                family = binomial, data = bacteria)

predict(s1,data.frame(ID="X01",trt="placebo",week=4),se.fit=T)  #se.fit doesn´t work

confint(s1) # produces output but it´s not clear what is actually returned

I also thought of trying boot.ci from the boot library, but I really would need help on that.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best wishes,
Christoph

##
(running R 2.13.2 on Windows 7 64-bit).