[R-sig-ME] R-Forge lme4/lme4a installation on Windows 7

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 16:32:58 CEST 2011

On Jul 21, 2011, at 4:08 AM, Dieter Menne wrote:

> Simon Delisle-Boulianne <simondelisleboulianne at ...> writes:
>> I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm unable to install lme4 or
>> lme4a
>> (or Matrix for that matter) from R-Forge since a couple of weeks (
>> http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=60). I'm running R version
>> 2.13.1
>> on windows 7 (64 bits). I get the following error message:
>>
>> *> install.packages("lme4", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")*
>> Warning : unable to access index for repository
>
> The Windows build has not been created since some time.
>
> Ben Bolker had an alternative at:
>
> install.packages("lme4a",repos="http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bolker/R")
>
> but as far as I see it is a 2010 version.

What was puzzling to me was why r-forge was being used at all? lme4 is
a regular CRAN package and has Windows binaries there ... as is typical.

This is what one sees at r-forge:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=651

And Matrix is part of the regular R distribution, so why would its
absence on r-forge be an issue?

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT