[R-sig-ME] Problem with library(lme4a)

zListserv zlistserv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 03:53:54 CEST 2011

> Hmmm.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  Please see below

>   I believe the key is
>
> Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
>
>   I think this is happening because I had Xcode installed on my machine,
> which includes a copy of libfortran.2.dylib in /usr/local/lib, on it
> when I built the binary, so that's where R is looking for it.  R
> installs its own version in
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/ , but
> that's not where it's being told to look.
>
>   Possible solutions:
>
> * see if the binary version on R-forge happens to be working right now
> (install.packages(...,repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org"))

Tried it but didn't fix it.

> * wait for me to figure out how to build a version that looks in the
> right place and put it up on the specialized lme4 repository

I would be most grateful if you could do this

> * install Xcode (at which point you should also be able to build your
> own version from source ... ?)

I could probably figure this out because I already have xcode installed.

> * open a terminal window and
>   (1) locate libfortran.2.dylib
>      [confirm that the library is where I think it is]
>   (2) cd /usr/local/lib
>   (3) sudo ln -s
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib

$ ls /usr/local/lib/libfortran.2.dylib
ls: /usr/local/lib/libfortran.2.dylib: No such file or directory

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libfortran.2.dylib
ls: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libfortran.2.dylib: No such file or directory

but

$ ls /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib

is libgfortran.2.dylib the correct library to which I should link?