[R-sig-ME] MCMCglmm: correslation between variables two variables in repeated measure?

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Sun Jul 3 22:18:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

Section 5.1 of the CourseNotes demonstrates how to fit such a model. A
limitation of MCMCglmm if there are >2 time points is that there will
probably be temporal auto-correlation which will not be accounted for
by simply fitting subject as a random effect.  ASReml would allow you
to include temporal auto-correlation if needed, and possibly lme.

Jarrod

Quoting Ndjido Ardo BAR <ndjido at gmail.com> on Sun, 3 Jul 2011 13:31:05 +0200:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to test for correlation between two variables that represent
> repeated measures (over time) on subjects of a follow-up. Test for
> correlation is both within and accross subjects. The  first idea that hits
> my mind is to use a bivariate model for exemple using MCMCglmm. I'd like to
> know if this idea can lead to something correct.
>
> cheers,
> Ardo.
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.