[R-sig-ME] Resume terminated lmer fit if verbose=TRUE?

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Wed Jul 27 15:16:02 CEST 2011

Hi folks,

I ran a binomial lmer on a large data set with lots of levels of a
random effect (1000+) and a large fixed effects structure (7 variables
all interacting). My local machine wasn't up to the task (it needs
about 16GB of memory so far as I can tell), so I put it on a serial
node on a supercomputer to which I have access. I asked for 100 hours
of compute time, but it seems that the model went over time and the
process was terminated by the system's queue. However, I ran it in
verbose mode and have all the output, so I'm wondering if there's any
way to use this information to resubmit the job and have it resume
where it left off. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mike

--
Mike Lawrence
Graduate Student

Looking to arrange a meeting? Check my public calendar:
http://tr.im/mikes_public_calendar

~ Certainty is folly... I think. ~