[R-sig-ME] What is the state of th "Development version"?

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Fri Jul 22 10:14:26 CEST 2011

There is a message from Mai 31, 2009 on

http://markmail.org/message/b3nssfujudrlczab

where Douglas Bates confirmed that the output

Fixed effects:
     Estimate Std. Error t value
Asym   192.04     104.09!!!!   1.845  <<<
xmid   727.89      31.97  22.771
scal   347.97      24.42  14.252

is wrong, and that the development version gives the following correct output:

Fixed effects:
Estimate Std. Error t value
Asym 191.06 15.51 !!!! 12.32
xmid 722.61 33.59 21.51
scal 344.20 25.94 13.27

Two years later, the current CRAN version still gives the same incorrect output.
I had installed the development version on my old computer, but lost is after I
had a new setup, and I am trying to get it back now.

What is the currently recommended development version?

Dieter