[R-sig-ME] pMCMC and HPD in MCMCglmm

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 18:11:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

pMCMC is the two times the smaller of the two quantities: MCMC
estimates of i) the probability that a<0 or ii) the probability that
a>0, where a is the parameter value. Its not a p-value as such, and
better ways of obtaining Bayesian p-values exist.

HPDinterval finds the closest points (c and d) for which Fa(d)-Fa(c) =
0.95 (If prob=0.95 in HPDinterval) and Fa is the empirical cumulative
distribution of a.

Cheers,

Jarrod

On 24 Aug 2011, at 16:14, m.fenati at libero.it wrote:

> Hi Jarrod,
> thanks for your answer, but I have again a lot of confusion. If
> possible,
> could you explain to me the definition of pMCMC?
> Maybe, knowing  the right definition of pMCMC I will be able to
> understand
> completely your answer.
>
> Thank a lot!
>
> Massimo

> Massimo Fenati
> DVM
> Padova - Italy

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.