[R-sig-ME] eta-squared in lmer

Mike Lawrence Mike.Lawrence at dal.ca
Mon Apr 18 17:39:09 CEST 2011

Actually, the ez package provides estimates of generalized eta-squared
for ANOVA only, sorry. That said, it could be argued that measures of
effect size (like eta-squared) represent a half-hearted attempt by
scientists to move beyond the impoverished information provided by
p-values, and that a full-hearted alternative that provides the
information we really want as scientists is the likelihood ratio. To
this end, ez *does* provide likelihood ratios for fixed effects in
mixed effects models with simple random effects structures (eg. no
"varying slopes" models).