[R-sig-ME] Interaction with quadratic variable

Elizabeth Crone ecrone at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Apr 16 13:10:49 CEST 2011

I'm not sure why this query was posted to a _mixed_ models list, but
the answer to all your questions is that you need to become familiar
with plotting the back-transformed function, i.e., if you are using a
logit link function, exp(b0 + b1*N^2 + b2*N^2)/[1+exp(b0 + b1*N^2 +
b2*N^2)].  For interactions of N with categorical variables, my
approach would be to ask whether the entire function differs between
treatments, e.g., by comparing a full model with b0, b1 and b2
interacting with the categorical variable to one with constant values
for these variables.  For interactions among continuous variables, go
back to plotting the function you have fit to your data.

Good luck,
Elizabeth Crone

--
Elizabeth E. Crone