[R-sig-ME] Reliability via mixed effects modelling

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wolfgang.viechtbauer at maastrichtuniversity.nl
Thu Apr 7 09:44:39 CEST 2011

Hi Mike,

I haven't read your mail in detail, but I know that some work has been done on that issue. See, for example:

Laenen, A. et al. (2006). Generalized reliability estimation using repeated measurements. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 59, 113-131. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1348/000711005X66068/full

Laenen, A. et al. (2007). A Measure for the Reliability of a Rating Scale Based on Longitudinal Clinical Trial Data. Psychometrika, 72, 443-448. http://www.springerlink.com/content/em0034pw7u55547q/

Molenberghs, G. et al. (2007). Estimating Reliability and Generalizability from Hierarchical Biomedical Data. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 17, 595-627. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all~content=a780211328

Laenen, A. et al. (2009). Reliability of a longitudinal sequence of scale ratings. Psychometrika, 74, 49-64. http://www.springerlink.com/content/v237801006831302/

Best,

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology