[R-sig-ME] (no subject)

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 6 19:44:52 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 8:48 AM, ONKELINX, Thierry
<Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be> wrote:
> Dear Yonghao,

> The problem is that your model is too complex for the dataset. So you have two options: 1) simplify the model, 2) collect more data.

A third option is to try to fit the model in lme4a which should be
more robust in fitting GLMMs.  That's not a guarantee that it will
work but it is sometimes worth a try.

I'll send a message in a moment about a class I am teaching in which
students are to do a data analysis project involving mixed-effects
models.  Those who would like to have a student consider their data
are encouraged to respond to that request.  Data confidentiality can
be requested.