[R-sig-ME] 2 level logit, 2 REs, large sample - log likelihood returns "NaN"

Daniel Adkins deadkins at vcu.edu
Fri Jun 10 10:08:36 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am fitting a large (j=50K, i=9K) 2-level logit with random intercept
and age slope and 14 covariates. Model estimates become stable at
nAGQ>=150 (large, I know). Based on simpler models (random intercept
only, random
slope only, ordinary logit, etc) the solution looks sound. However,
all the fit indices return a value of "NaN", which naturally stands
for "not a number". Why is this? This model should yield a scalar log
likelihood, no? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel E. Adkins, PhD