[R-sig-ME] Combining spatial and temporal correlation structures - possible?

Jens Oldeland oldeland at gmx.de
Thu May 26 18:50:50 CEST 2011

Dear Mixed-Model SIG

I am trying to use serial and spatial correlation structures in a gamm
model.

g2 <- gamm(sqrt(pp10M.day) ~
          s(tempsurf, bs="cr"),
          data=data,
          random= list(Station= ~1),
          correlation=corARMA(form = ~ 1|Station, p =2,q=1),
          family=gaussian,
          control=lmc)

how do I put in my spatial correlation structure?

correlation=corExp(form = ~ Station,nugget=T)

I tried using correlation=list()  but did not suceed. I did not find
anything in Zuur or Pinheiro & Bates etc.

would be glad if someone has an idea (or even says that it is not possible)

best,
Jens