[R-sig-ME] Fwd: hierarchical gamma model in lme4

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu May 19 00:34:11 CEST 2011

  The bleeding-edge development version of glmmADMB will now do Gamma
fits, but you will have to be brave and/or patient.  At the moment the
code is available from SVN on r-forge; you will have to build and
install from the "multirand" branch.  Furthermore, unless you have AD
Model Builder installed and can compile the TPL file yourself, at the
moment it will only run on 32-bit linux machines.

  If that all sounds like gibberish to you, then it's probably a little
too early to try to use it.  I will try to put a more accessible version
up soon; keep an eye on <http://glmmadmb.r-forge.r-project.org/> (search
for "alpha").

  For now, I would highly recommend log-transforming and using LMMs ...

  Ben Bolker