[R-sig-ME] SIR in MCMCglmm - syntax question

Szymek Drobniak geralttee at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 15:25:35 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I know that SIR models are not yet well documented or widely used but
I've started thinking about using them in my research - and ran into
some interpretation problems. As far as I understand from
Gianola&Sorensen 2004 SIR models should allow for estimation of Lambda
elements. However I find it difficult to translated this Lambda matrix
into the S matrix as generated by sir() in MCMCglmm. Have any of you
used these models? Or otherwise - how should  be the correct way of
specyfying a SIR model for the example in Gianola&Sorensen about
smoking and drinking (pp. 1418-1419). That would probably enlighten me
;)

Cheers
sz.

--
Szymon Drobniak || Population Ecology Group
Institute of Environmental Sciences, Jagiellonian University

www.eko.uj.edu.pl/drobniak