[R-sig-ME] contrasts for generalized linear model

espesser robert.espesser at lpl-aix.fr
Wed May 25 18:16:00 CEST 2011

  Dear Wade,

If I understand well your data, year (in fact,  TSB) is the (main ?)
fixed effect, and is not a random term.
I suppose there are levels enough for pop.

I think your model would be something like  :

lmer(flowering ~ TSB +(1|pop)   ,family=binomial, data=....)

I would use successive difference contrast for the 3 levels factor TSB.
see contr.sdif()  in library(MASS).
Regards
Robert