[R-sig-ME] observations in multiple groups

Jarrod Hadfield j.hadfield at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 16:18:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

I think Jeroen is after a multimembership model. Levels of firstgroup
can correspond to levels of  secondgroup and they should have the same
associated random effect.  Doug has suggested before that it may be
possible with some work:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/NLME-LMER-Multiple-Membership-Models-td845071.html

Alternatively ASReml, MLwin, MCMCglmm and I'm sure others can fit
these types of model.

Jarrod

On 9 Jun 2011, at 03:19, Ben Bolker wrote:

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.