[R-sig-ME] Documentation for the glm module in jags/rjags?

Ken Knoblauch ken.knoblauch at inserm.fr
Thu Mar 31 09:16:55 CEST 2011

Douglas Bates <bates at ...> writes:

> In reading about the glm module in JAGS it seems that it is suitable
> for sampling from the posterior distribution of the parameters in a
> generalized linear mixed model.  However, I haven't been able to find
> documentation on how to use this module in particular.  Section 5.6 of
> the JAGS User Manual for version 2.2.0 hints at abilities but doesn't
> really expand on how to use them.
>
> Can anyone point me to further documentation or examples?

You may have already found this, or someone pointed you to it,
but in the JAGS distribution (at least on the Mac version) there is
an examples directory with subdirectors, vol1 and vol2, each containing
many examples.  Or, more directly

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcmc-jags/files/Examples/

I think that you will have to explore it to see which ones
are glmm's.  For example, the epil directory looks to be a glmm with
Poisson family and the seeds directory seems to be a binomial model.

HTH,

Ken

--
Ken Knoblauch