[R-sig-ME] confusion about lmer output

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 11:58:37 CET 2011

glm with a non-quasi error quotes, for binomial and poisson errors,
a dispersion parameter equal to 1.  This is a theoretical value.

To get an estimated value, specify a quasi error.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Centre for Mathematics & Its Applications, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.
http://www.maths.anu.edu.au/~johnm