[R-sig-ME] comparing treatment with different skewness

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Fri Mar 4 17:18:51 CET 2011

Maarten,
Thierry is exactly right, it is the residualas that are important. Skew
in
the distribution of the response can be accounted for by the systematic
portion of your model. If you see skew in the residuals, and you can't
find
other explanatory variables or an interaction that may remedy the
problem
that is when you start looking at transformation, or playing with the
variance function of the
model.

Nicholas