[R-sig-ME] different covariance for different groups

David Afshartous david.r.afshartous at Vanderbilt.Edu
Fri Mar 4 14:45:09 CET 2011

Eva,
There are several threads, search the words below and also see the
summary I provided in the link.
Cheers,
David

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mixed-models/2007q3/000248.html

random effect variance per treatment group in lmer
heteroscedastic model in lme4
Stratifying level-1 variance with lmer()
different random effects variances for outcomes and groups
Behavior of coef() for lmer() model w/ level-2 variance stratified