[R-sig-ME] comparing treatment with different skewness

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Thu Mar 3 22:40:07 CET 2011

Hi Maarten,
Without the random effects, you are basically
asking can you fit a model where the variance is a function of the
group.
So I would think you could do this using nlme,
ie somehthing like
library(nlme)
lme(y~T + X1, data=mydat,
weights=varPower(form=~1|group),random=~1|whatever)

However, without more information it is hard to say more than that.

Nicholas