[R-sig-ME] Variance components questions

Clifford Long gnolffilc at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 16:50:53 CET 2011

Karim,

You might find this reference useful for the statistical model (but
not the R code).

"Design and Analysis of Gauge R&R Studies:  Making Decisions with
Confidence Intervals in Random and Mixed ANOVA Models" by Burdick,
Borror, Montgomery.
ISBN 0-89871-588-1

It discusses Measurement System Analysis (of which Gauge
Reproducibility and Repeatability are a subset), and the role of
Variance Components based on Random Effects models.  It also gives
information on the calculation of confidence intervals.

HTH

Cliff