[R-sig-ME] nlme and missing data...

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:13:20 CET 2011

On 11-02-18 10:05 AM, Jeffrey Harring wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if nlme ( ) accepts missing data?
>
> The default argument to handle missingness for nlme ( ) is
>
> na.action = na.fail
>
> Is there another specification to allow some missing data or a work
> around to coerce nlme ( ) to accept data which are missing?
>
> Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

  What do you want nlme to do with cases with missing data?  (This is a
real question.)  As the other poster said you can you na.action=na.omit,
or you can just use na.omit() up front (i.e. as far as I know

  nlme(...,data=na.omit(mydata))

and

  nlme(...,data=mydata,na.action=na.omit)

 should be more or less equivalent.