[R-sig-ME] Extract information from lmer summary table

Ista Zahn izahn at psych.rochester.edu
Fri Feb 4 18:13:05 CET 2011

Hi Sam,
Try this:

library(hints) # may need install.packages("hints") first
fm1 <- lmer(Reaction ~ Days + (Days|Subject), sleepstudy)
hints(fm1)

This might lead you to something like

fm1 <- lmer(Reaction ~ Days + (Days|Subject), sleepstudy)
hints(fm1)

fm1.results <- list(ran=ranef(fm1), fix=fixef(fm1), vc=VarCorr(fm1))

Also see
?"mer-class" for a complete list of methods for mer objects.

Best,
Ista

?"mer-class"