[R-sig-ME] overdispersion estimation in a binomial GLMM

espesser robert.espesser at lpl-aix.fr
Thu Jan 20 17:40:40 CET 2011

  Here is a small function to compute the dispersion of
a  binomial  model, according to  a previous answer of D. Bates on the
topic:

  dispersion_glmer <- function(modelglmer)
{

## computing  estimated scale  ( binomial model)
#following  D. Bates :
#That quantity is the square root of the penalized residual sum of
#squares divided by n, the number of observations, evaluated as:

n <- length(modelglmer at resid)

return(  sqrt( sum(c(modelglmer at resid, modelglmer at u) ^2) / n ) )
}

--
Robert Espesser
CNRS UMR 6057 - Université de Provence