[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB package

Thomas Merkling Thomas.Merkling at cict.fr
Fri Jan 14 18:29:25 CET 2011

Thanks for the answers !

I finally achieved to install the package on R 2.7.2 but not on more
recent versions.
The

install.packages("glmmADMB",repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")

did not work , it tells that glmmADMB is not available.

I dowloaded the .zip file and installed it from R then replacing the two
files from the both.zip (as indicated on :
http://otter-rsch.com/admbre/examples/glmmadmb/glmmADMB.html)

But when I try to fit a model I got this message:

glmm.admb(Nb~ClAge*SexChick*EggRank,random=~Nestcol,group="Nest",data=deuxpouss,family="nbinom",link="logit",easyFlag=FALSE,zeroInflation=TRUE)

'C:/Users/thomas' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.
Erreur dans glmm.admb(Nb ~ ClAge * SexChick * EggRank, random = ~Nestcol, :
The function maximizer failed
De plus : Warning messages:
1: In dir.create(dirname) : '_' existe déjà
2: In glmm.admb(Nb ~ ClAge * SexChick * EggRank, random = ~Nestcol, :
Argument "link" ignored for other familes than "binomial" (exponential
link used)
3: In file.remove(std_file) :
impossible d'effacer le fichier 'nbmm.std', à cause de 'No such file or
directory'
4: In shell(paste(.path.package("glmmADMB"), "/admb/", file_name, ".exe", :
'C:/Users/thomas
merkling/Documents/R/win-library/2.7/glmmADMB/admb/nbmm.exe -maxfn 500 '
execution failed with error code 1

I don't understand why ...

I heard about MCMCglmm and I will try it.
Do I need to fit the overdispersed version of the Poisson model with
another function, lmer for example ?
And what is it for ?

Thanks ...