[R-sig-ME] Mixed-model-binary logistic model with dependence between individual repeated measures

Anna Ekman anna.ekman at amm.gu.se
Fri Jan 7 17:35:46 CET 2011

Ben Bolker, thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, it is suprising that I in SAS and STATA have to assume independence between the measurements within an individual. I do not want to assume that. In addition I would like to be able to chose other distributions than the normal for my random effect, which is not possible in SAS (proc NLMIXED).
The generalized estimating equation packages are probably not an option as I do not whant marginal models.
I will look at the references you suggested.
Thank you.
/Anna

___________________________________
Anna Ekman  (Grimby-Ekman)
PhLic Statistics, PhD (Dr Med Sci)
Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Sahlgrenska Academy and University Hospital
Box 414, SE - 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Phone +46 (0)31 786 31 23
www.amm.se

Akademistatistik inom EpiStat
Sahlgrenska akademin vid Göteborgs universitet
www.sahlgrenska.gu.se/forskning/epistat/