[R-sig-ME] glmmADMB package

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:46:58 CET 2011

  I think it would be better to retrieve the appropriate binary package
from <https://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=847> (or navigate to
r-forge, to the glmmADMB project, and then to the "R packages" page; it
will probably install just fine if you download the zip file and
"install from local packages".

  By the way, how did you try to download the package, and what was the
result?  Did

 install.packages("glmmADMB",repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")

not work?
 If you tried to install from CRAN it wouldn't have worked anyway --
glmmADMB is hosted on r-forge rather than CRAN because it includes
binaries (which aren't allowed on CRAN).