[R-sig-ME] Non normal random effects

Gustavo Betini betinig at uoguelph.ca
Mon Nov 29 16:02:45 CET 2010

Lets say that I want to look at the interaction between Species and some other variable...Temperature. The right specification would be

(Temperature|Species) + (Temperature|Station:Species)

or simply

(1|Species) + (Temperature|Station:Species)

Thanks,

Gustavo S. Betini
Dept. of Integrative Biology
University of Guelph, Canada