[R-sig-ME] weights argument in lme

tim carnus tim.carnus at ucd.ie
Thu Nov 25 19:16:21 CET 2010

Dear All,

Simple question, I hope, to which I cannot find a simple answer: I can
extract from a fitted lme object 'fit' fixed effects (fixef(fit)),
random effects (ranef(fit)) and variance-covariance matrix of the random
effects (VarCorr(fit)). However, I cant get to the residual variance
estimated for different levels of a factor (weights=varIdent(form=~1|
factor)) without printing the full summary(fit). I've looked in detail
at print of str(fit) and str(summary(fit)) but really have no clue...

Any help appreciated,

Best regards,

Tim