[R-sig-ME] Fitted values for binomial family in lme4a{glmer}

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 23 19:05:44 CET 2010

I searched the archives and found questions like this with no definitive
answers.  I also did not find an answer in the lme4a help files.

I'm using lme4a_0.999375-57 in R version 2.12.0 Patched (2010-11-07 r53537) on
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu (32-bit).

I've fit a model with glmer() using the binomial family.  I'm wondering what
fitted() gives on the result.  It appears that fitted() on a regular logistic
model fit with glm() returns fitted probabilities.  It looks like the same
behaviour occurs with a glmer() object, but some confirmation would be nice.

Kevin

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist, Knowledge Translation Program