[R-sig-ME] Are prediction interval values ungettable?

Petar Milin pmilin at ff.uns.ac.rs
Sat Nov 20 10:46:29 CET 2010

Hello all!
This is my third attempt (first at the general R-list, and one here five
days or so ago), and I apologize for being tedious, but this started to
bother me and my students are making my life a misery with this:
How can one get upper and lower limits of a prediction interval for
random-effect levels; the exact exact values, numbers? They are shown on
caterpillar plot using ranef() with
argument postVar=TRUE, but I would like to know them. A while ago, some
discussions were opened on "Confidence Intervals for Random Effect
BLUP's", but the answer was never clear:
http://www.mail-archive.com/r-help@r-project.org/msg04820.html

Thanks!
PM