[R-sig-ME] declaring the variables

Andrew Dolman andydolman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:57:25 CET 2010

Hi Michael,

You will need to use a different function than glm(). Something from
an additional R package such as nlme or lme4.

There's some information here:
http://glmm.wikidot.com/

With glmm() from lme4 your model specification would look something like this:

fish <- glmm(Catch ~ Season + Tide + (1|Angler),
family=gaussian(identity), data=fishcatch)

Assuming Catch is appropriately modelled as gaussian that is.

andydolman at gmail.com